Sending your child to a playschool is probably the first time your baby will leave home and move out of your immediate care.
This is a very big change for both you and your baby. As a parent, it is natural for you to feel anxious, worried, concerned and very confused about which playschool is the best and how to choose one that will be right for your little one.
While there are a lot of good play schools around, here are some things you should keep in mind that will guide you in selecting the right playschool for your child.
5 things to look for in a playschool
1. Accessibility – One of the first things you should look for in a playschool is that it is not too far from your home or place of work (if you are a working parent). This will ensure that in case of a sudden emergency, you can reach your child fast. Try and look for play schools that are within a 15-minute distance by a vehicle.
2. Communication – While interacting with the staff before admissions, check how forthcoming the school is about sharing information. You will surely have a lot of questions, so see how willingly the school answers them, and whether or not they are able to make you feel comfortable. A good playschool will always understand the importance of open and regular communication.
3. Background checks – You will have to do some amount of research when it comes to making a list of the playschools you want your child to enrol in. Look out for news pieces to find out if the school has been involved in any unsafe incident involving a child. Talk to friends, relatives, colleagues, neighbours to find out what they have to say about the school. Join some parenting forums on social media channels and ask for real reviews from other parents.
4. Expenses – Playschools can actually be more expensive than you think, so talk about the finances with the coordinators. Understand if there are any hidden costs you may have to pay during the session. Understand how much you will have to pay in terms of fees, transportation, uniform, books and so on (and other miscellaneous fees).
5. Facilities – Take a look at the amenities, including classrooms, washroom cleanliness, play area, canteen and so on. Also ask about the student teacher ratio.
We wish you good luck with the selection of the best playschool for your baby!
Already registered? Log in here