Travelling with an infant for the first time can be a taxing job and planning a trip can be all the more overwhelming.
So before you set on a trip, go through your checklist several times to ensure that travel with your baby is as comfortable and safe as you expect. To help new parents have a hassle-free trip, here are some essentials that you must include in your checklist:
1. Diapers: You do not want your baby to stay wet or dirty, so always pack few extra diapers.
2. Changing mat: You cannot ensure the hygiene of your home to be ubiquitous. Therefore, always carry a changing mat to ensure that your baby is insulated from unhygienic surfaces.
3. Blankets: Small children are very vulnerable to temperature variations. Carrying a blanket is the best option to prevent your child from feeling cold. Blankets can also be used while you nurse your baby or for providing shade to your little charmer.
4. Trash bags: A trash bag comes handy to dispose diapers and store soiled clothes.
5. Wipes: There may be times when you do not have washrooms to change your baby’s diaper. With wet wipes you can clean the baby on the go.
6. Extra clothes: It is always safe to carry 2–3 extra pairs of clothes while travelling with your baby.
7. Car seat: This is the most essential item on your list if you are travelling in your own car. This will ensure your child’s safety at all times.
Car Seat: A Travel Essential
The child’s safety is paramount for every parent. A car seat is the first and the most crucial step toward protecting your child from any accident. The benefits of a car seat are listed below:
1. The 5-point harness system buckles the baby and prevents from any shock.
2. The headrest and neck pillow secure the head, neck, and spine. They safeguards the child from rapid jerks.
3. The chest pads diffuse any unfortunate accident shock and save the kid from sudden pressure on the chest.
4. The latch of the car seat ensures that the seat does not slide across the car and is secured to a strong point.
5. Some car seats can also be converted to a baby carrier or basket.
So, investing in a good, safe, and comfortable car seat is a must.
Already registered? Log in here