Healthy Pasta Recipe
Mumpa | Posted on Mar 21, 2017
Pasta is a hit with most kids, almost all of them love to eat it, because of its interesting shape and the cheese that goes into it!
Mothers, however are not too convinced about its nutritional value and often don’t count it amongst healthy food. Here is a tip to make your pasta nutritive for kids.
- 200 gm any pasta. Choose a Pasta, penne, fusilli, spaghetti or any other
- 3 medium sized tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 medium sized onion roughly chopped
- 150 gms of chopped green vegetables like. You can use all the vegetables that your kids don’ eat otherwise!
- 2 1/2 tbsp Olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Fresh or dried herbs like oregano or rosemary or mixed herbs
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- Grated cheese
- Salt to taste
- 2 – 3 tbsp of any commercially available pasta sauce or tomato ketchup (optional)
- Boil the pasta. Add 1 tsp of oil to the pasta while boiling it. Save some water while straining the pasta for the sauce, keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil
- Add the tomatoes, onions and chopped greens to the pan. Add some salt. Sauté till the vegetables are cooked well
- Puree the cooked vegetables in a blender. We will use this puree as the base for our pasta sauce
- Heat the pan again with 1tbsp of oil
- Add the 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- Add the vegetable puree
- Add grated cheese or pop in a few cheese slices if that is what you have at home
- You can add 2 – 3 tbsp of any pasta sauce available commercially or ketchup at this stage. Else, just add some fresh or dried herbs like, oregano, rosemary or any other herb of your choice.
- Add the water which we had saved while straining the pasta to loosen the sauce
- Add the boiled pasta
- Garnish with some cheese
Here is your healthy pasta with the goodness of vegetables!